What do you like about RSS and newsreaders? How do you think you might be able to use this technology in your school or personal life? How can libraries use RSS or take advantage of this new technology?
I find RSS feeds very annoying. I know they are very hip and modern, but I like to seek out news when and where I want it. I get enough email without having my in box full of automatic things news feeds coming to me. HOWEVER, when researching, I thing the RSS feeds from a subscription service like EBSCO can be invaluable and I teach upper level students how to use them frequently.
Right now I am advising (unofficially) a doctoral student and she was thrilled to learn about RSS feels and how they could save her time in her research.
I have to admit, getting the RSS feed from School Library Journal helped me solve a problem I've been working on--trying to get information on the David Macaulay webcast on October 7th, so that's a good thing.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment