Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Week 9 thing 20 - YouTube

Ok, I chose Harry Potter Puppets to embed simply because my daughter and her friends get so much pleasure out of watching it over and over again! It just goes to show that you don't need special props or talent to really take the internet by storm.

On a more educational level, I have used YouTube videos effectively in teaching for English Language Learners. Last year when I had to introduce a lesson on the Mayan and Aztec calendar to an advanced Spanish class, I had fun with and end-of-the world video where the Mayan calendar predicted the world would come to an end in 2014 and used that as the focus of our research - were they correct?

I have yet to create and post a video to YouTube. Our school currently blocks YouTube and only allows TeacherTube, so we have to be creative about what we select to show students.


No comments: