Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Thing #13 Week 6 – Tagging

Thing #13 Week 6 – Tagging
Our CFF Coach tried to get me interested in Del.icio.us last year. I explored it on a few different occasions. I can see the wisdom in bookmarking off-site, especially since it helps you locate your favorites when you move from machine to machine. Moving to an entirely new district was challenging for me this summer because I had to copy and move all of my favorites and bookmarks from my desktop and laptop computer.

I found a few interesting tools like a site to make posters out of a photo and a story-making tool. But, when I clicked on Popular, there wasn’t a title that interested me.


Tagging is helpful but since it is not standardized, it is sometimes redundant. What’s the difference between the “library” tag and “libraries”? Tagging does get to the essence of a post, however, which is helpful. I don’t know if it is a generational thing, but it is hard for me to spend hours clicking around hoping to find something that will be of use. I guess that’s why some people find a guru like Joyce Valenza and follow her work.

No comments: