Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Thing 21 Week 9 Podcasts

The links to the Yahoo Directory and Podcast.net did not work.

I found a great Children's Book Talk podcast on Podcast Alley directory. I think the most helpful of the directories listed was the Education Podcast Network. Because the podcasts were broken down into Subject specific areas, it was easier to find things that would be helpful to me -- like the information skills podcasts.

Overall, I believe that iTunes has the greatest selection of Podcasts. We have uploaded our student's podcasts there and the students get a buzz out of having their work published in such an open forum. It makes for great PR also when parents and members of the community can look up student's work. There is some very high caliber educational podcasts on grammar and mathematical concepts in the iTunes library as well as excellent NPR shows.

No comments: